Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All Hail Madeleine Albright

Listening to: Monster’s Inc

Mood: Calm

I happened to catch Jon Stewart’s program last night. He had Madeleine Albright on as a guest promoting her new book, A Memo to the President Elect. I recently read Secretary Albright’s book. As a woman, I already had a good deal of respect for her as an example for women. After I read this book, my understanding of her, my understanding of the world, and respect for her have greatly increased. This book should be a required read for any of the candidates before they take office. In fact, they should do a book report too! Ms. Albright also brought up some very good points as to why she thinks that we need Hillary in the white house. Up until now, I have been an Obama supporter. I feel that he has the chutzpah and determination to get things done. I also am a great proponent of the change that all of the candidates seem to be determined to get us to believe they can achieve. In my opinion, Obama would do his best to change as many negative things as possible. As Ms. Albright pointed out, the world is in a mess. We need someone with Hillary’s knowledge of politics and the world in order to have some hope of digging ourselves out of the cesspool that we’re in.

I just wanted to say Kudos to Secretary Albright. You are a fantastic role model for all women, young and old. I do hope the next president pays attention to and follows your advice. You are an asset to the office of President

No comments: