Sunday, February 26, 2012

Watching the Nonsense From Afar


My family and I have moved to India. This is really old hat news for me, but since I don’t think I ever mentioned it in this blog, I thought I would explain my absence from complaining about all the nonsense. 

In fact, I haven’t paid much attention to what’s happening in the US since we left in September. I took a look at my blog today and it made me wonder exactly what was going on in the US.  I think some BBC viewing time is definitely in order. Alas, while India has stepped out of the comedy stone age and now gets Comedy Central (even though the programming is distinctly un-Comedy Central-ish), I still haven’t been able to catch a current John Stewart, which makes me weep on a regular basis. I do love that man.

Anyhow. Being out of the US with little access to all the nuanced news and talking heads in the US has made me wonder how much all of that nonsense really means anyhow.  It just doesn’t seem to have the same importance to my family now that we aren’t living there.

I’m going to have to catch up with what’s going on, just so I can stay informed.

Becky

No comments: